Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sit Finley Sit--please!

Yes, our sitting boot camp continues here at casa de Forseter. I'm officially convinced that Finley can sit on his own, but that he'd rather not. Arg. Unlucky for him, I won't give up and the little bugger WILL be sitting up on his own (without complaint) before we fly to Prague in July. Or else...

I've found that if he's distracted enough with a toy or something/someone to look at, he'll sit for longer and he won't tip over until he realizes what's going on. He's sometimes using his free hand to support himself on the side which has helped, but the falling back is really tough since there's only me to catch him and I won't be there forever...ok, I will, but ideally not just to prevent head injuries!

Here are some quality sitting poses from the last week:
He would lick our remote for hours if allowed, but I only let him play with it during sitting lessons. My beloved boppy pillow is good for getting him centered when we are practicing.
He grabbed the saline bottle out of the basket near his changing table and had fun with it for quite a while afterwards. Forget all the fancy toys, right?
(that black tub isn't supporting him, I promise! it was just there!)
Good thing I still wear a super-cheap, slobber-resistant watch.
Baby Eliot was over this morning showing off her upright skills, Finley enjoyed gazing up at her but wasn't tempted to meet her at her level...oh well! I know he'll get the sitting thing soon, pretty sure it's a hard skill to skip altogether--though he does seem to prefer doing push ups!
Tonight, we tried out the Euro tub that Fin's friend Henry lent us. It's a good size to move into from our infant tub before Finley (and I) are ready for the actual tub. I know Dan hates naked babies publicly displayed, so I did some cropping and Finley conveniently used his new boats to shield himself! I think this tub is perfect for bathing and sitting practice, thanks Henry!

No comments:

Post a Comment