Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Progress!

Well, Finley made me eat my blogging words once again. I wrote the other day that his crawling efforts are somewhat futile since he seems unable and/or unaware that he needs to pick up his hands to move forward. Last night after our swim and before bed, Finley did some great, no-whining work on the rug in his room. In fact, he got up on all 4s a few times and lifted his left arm! He pulled it up and back (impressive balance skills revealed) and while he didn't throw it forward to get anywhere, I was thrilled with this new advancement. This afternoon before we met Dan at Costco for a fly-by lunch (odd, I know--long story), Finley was in another crawling mood so I captured a few action shots. Some of his facial expressions are priceless and quite telling of his intense efforts! And yes, his "motivational object" is his beloved bottle of saline nasal drops :)
As usual, Finley ended up going backwards and in a circular path (which was not anywhere near the saline bottle), so I rewarded him with it before it was time to leave the house. Good work, little buddy--you deserved it!
While his hand didn't help him today, I have a feeling we're headed in the right direction now that he has the awareness of his arms' role in this whole crawling endeavor...we'll keep you posted (literally!).

No comments:

Post a Comment