Wednesday, June 9, 2010

For the First Time on Film

I know this is my one millionth post about Finley sitting up (or not sitting up), but hey--I stare at the kid all day so put yourself in my shoes and you'll become OCD about something, trust me!

Since it seems that Finley sits better in our mom/tot Caterpillar class than anywhere, I decided to try and replicate the environment. I can't bring 10 little kids and 10 singing moms over, but I can get some foam squares (on sale @ amazon) to sit on and I can blow lots of bubbles. A couple days ago, I thought I'd captured the most wonderful video of Finley sitting up tall trying to pop the bubbles I was blowing, laughing, and smiling...but when I went to press the "stop" button, I saw that I'd never pressed the "start" button. I was CRUSHED and Finley was all done playing with the bubbles so there was no Take Two.

Here he is on one of the foam squares chewing on his favorite squishy toy (it's an elephant) this afternoon just sitting away like he's been doing it his whole life...


...and yes, Finley proceeded to tip over right after the video ended and managed to just barely miss the coffee table (note to self, babies can and will tip over in all directions not just where you expect to catch them!). I'm going to keep trying to get a video of Finley with the bubbles because it was just adorable and probably video camera proof...arg! Looks like we're on the right track for sitting, practice may not make perfect but it certainly does make better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment