Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Summer 2014 So Far

We aren't headed out of town for a few weeks, but we've been having plenty of fun on the home front so far this summer. I ordered this old-school fishing game that I remember from my childhood and both kids loved it right away.
 Finley is quite the fisherman now!
Dagny's not the only one with a summer birthday, here she is enjoying Finley's friend Delilah's birthday cake.
Lots of outdoor playtime lately and Dagny's still obsessed with soapy water fun.
Our 8th anniversary was a couple of weeks back and to celebrate I took the kids on the commuter rail (aka the Purple Train) into Cambridge to meet Dan for dinner. Finley was ecstatic for this rail adventure, but Dagny was a bit hesitant.
 
He encouraged her to cover her ears when the train approached, how sweet!
 We hopped onto a double decker carriage and Finley begged to go to the top level, so up we went.  Finley watched in awe for all of the ride (chatting away, of course) and while Dagny stayed on my lap, she did relax and enjoy the 30 minute trek into the city.
Wouldn't a nice picture of the four of us at dinner fit perfectly right here??? I wish I'd taken one!! But it was a lovely, delicious dinner and we all had a good time.

Here are the kiddos at our friend's little beach near their house.  Both kids were much more comfortable in the water after a week at Grammy's lake house!
And just so you don't think that the kids are the only ones having special summer adventures, here's me and my friend, Emily, after our 5K muddy obstacle course run last Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment