Sunday, August 29, 2010

Home on the Range

This past week was my last official full week in stay-at-home-mom mode. Yes, this upcoming week I begin the gradual transition into a new work schedule. I keep meaning to post a text-only blog about my new job and our plans for Finley's childcare...but for some strange reason I am not getting around to it. I think it's subconscious denial...anyways, I will be teaching in a small, private preschool (www.bowencoop.org) this year and Finley will go to Judy's house (family daycare) around the corner from my school. My hours are much less each day and the school year is shorter (than public school) with a few extra holidays here and there. I plan to be dropping Finley off around 7:30 or 7:45 and picking him up no later than 2pm most days. Not bad, right? While being home for the last (almost) 10 months has had its ups and downs, it has certainly been the most amazing ride. It will be really hard to transition into a new routine and leave Finley with someone else, but I think it'll be good for both of us to expand our horizons and do new things :) Fingers crossed that I'm the only one who cries...

Anyways, I have an assortment of random photos from the past week that I thought I'd share.
What a neat new trick, huh? Good thing he learned how to get down on his own a few days later!
Not quite ready for this trick! Maybe in a few more days.
We really need to find some better "toys" for Finley to pour all over the kitchen floor and chase around.
I just love this shirt, can't recall who handed it down to us, but isn't it hysterical?
Breakfast with Finley is more and more fun as he tries to feed himself more and more. Most of the banana didn't end up in his tummy, but oh well!
Who knew that pulling up on the coffee table would be this much fun?? Seriously, every time he gets up and sees one of us across the table, he lights up with such pride! I feel like he's saying, "Look at me, I am so big and totally awesome!" This happens at least ten times a day with the same reaction, I just can't get enough :) and either can Finley, apparently.

I'm assuming my blogging frequency will change when I go back to work, but rest assured that we'll keep you in the Finley Forseter loop as much as possible! Oh man, I'm tearing up a bit here...this doesn't bode well for later in the week...happy thoughts, happy thoughts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment