Tuesday, August 10, 2010

We're not dog people, really

It's true, neither Dan or myself are dog fans. In fact, you might call us dog-haters (and me actually having a fear of many dogs). While there have been a few exceptions to this rule (Annemarie's pup, Murphy), in general we steer clear of dogs. We're hoping that Finley, too, will develop a cautious, stand-offish relationship with most four-legged-barking-furballs. However, when I showed Dan the following set of pictures he commented that perhaps I do like dogs, since I was playing fetch with our son.
Hm. I guess I did roll a ball across the room, say "go get the ball, go get the ball" and Finley crawled over to it (and I said, "good boy!"). What does this say about me as a mom and a cynophobic? Yes--it means someone with an abnormal fear of dogs. But whatever it means, I promise to play more species-appropriate games with my son from now on :)

No comments:

Post a Comment