Monday, August 16, 2010

9 Months Today

Yep. Our little "baby" boy is now 9 months old. Amazing. 3/4 of a year. Basically he's been on the outside as long as he was on the inside. Hopefully he's enjoying himself out here because we are certainly having a ball with him.

The past month has been quite an eventful one for Finley since he added crawling to his repertoire. He can also pull up rather easily on many things (couch, coffee table, etc.) and has recently learned to "cruise," which in baby terminology means pulling yourself along the edge of something (precursor to walking we're told). Hopefully we'll have a video of that soon.

Finley's continued to be a good food experimenter, he'll eat just about anything and has enjoyed our foray into pureed turkey and chicken (sounds worse than it tastes, trust me). He's also finally come around to eating my homemade baby food instead of snubbing it for his beloved jarred concoctions. He loves my Potato, Leek, and Pea Puree--who knew babies could eat leeks? Also, his pincer grasp is much improved (thanks to cheerio boot camp) and he enjoys feeding himself all sorts of bite sized foods. It's so fun to take him out to breakfast or lunch now!

Finley's emotional development seems to also be moving along as he has recently been showing more signs of separation anxiety when I leave him with someone else and walk away. Sometimes he's okay, but sometimes he just loses it. He pitched quite a fit this past weekend when I handed him to my sister to change his clothes while I got ready. Arg. I guess we shouldn't be surprised since he is so rarely without me, but I think I need to make a more concerted effort to let him "practice" playing with other adults. My parents are coming Wednesday, perfect!

By this time next month, I'll be back at work (new job, blog entry to follow) and Finley will be at Judy's house (in home daycare). Many big changes to come, but something tells me that Finley will handle them just fine and hopefully I will be able to do the same.

Happy Birthday, Finboy! We love you!

P.S. Finley's 9 month check up is next week, so we'll send out his stats then. Anyone out there want to guess his weight (he was 17 lbs 10 oz in mid-May)? A prize will go the closest guess (without going over--the price is right style).

No comments:

Post a Comment