Friday, November 30, 2012

Here We Go Again

My memories of introducing Finley to baby food is blurry but my blog posts are helpful to reminisce, however, I still find it to be starting at square one as I began to introduce Dagny to the world of solid foods.  We brought up the high chair, wiped it down, and let her sit in it to play a couple times. 
Then, it was time to get down to business.  I mixed some breastmilk with some baby oatmeal flakes (dust) and guided the spoon in.  Man, what a mess.  Who knows what is getting ingested, dribbled out, wiped off, smudged on the bib, etc.  She did tolerate the experience though, so I considered it a success.
We have tried to have one "meal" each day since and while I never have any clue how much she's "eating," I do see the occasional gulp and swallow amidst the tongue thrusting so that's positive.

This morning, we tried mixing in a little sweet potato to the oatmeal.  I won't say she loved it, but liquid sweet potatoes don't sound all that appetizing, do they?  I think she's getting the hang of things and from the look of her here, I'd say she's enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment