Saturday, June 4, 2011

Drumlin Farm

Dear Grandpa and GG,

Thank you so much for going to Drumlin Farm with me last weekend. I kept bugging my mom to post all the fun pictures of us, but it was her last week of school so she was busy putting pictures together of her 13 "other" kids. Anyways, I had so much fun at the farm and since you got us a membership there, we can go back everyday if we want!! Thank you!!

It was fun to look at the animals, but I still think that they are a little scary close up. Maybe after a few visits, I'll be interested in feeding them like you did with the sheep.
Getting to go on the hayride was AWESOME. I sat up front and got to watch the tractor the whole way!
GG, you really made my day when you spotted the dirt box near the greenhouse that was just the right height for me to play in. Thank you, Grandpa, for found finding me a plastic plant holder to shovel the dirt into and even bent down to my level to play. (You said it was just so you'd get to be in the blog, but I know it was because you love me so much.)
I was so happy digging, I didn't even notice when my mom wandered away for a bit.
But then I saw that tractor and turned around to tell her about it, "Mama, Mama," I said and she came back. Phew. But she said we could not take another hayride. What a meanie. So I thought I'd go for a run instead and you guys were kind enough to go along with me.
We looked at some cows, pigs, chickens, and roosters, but everywhere we went there was that tractor (as it if was just going in circles dragging that truck of hay...) and I loved seeing it every time it went by!
Another tractor was parked near the barn, it was really big up close and I was a little scared to touch it. My mom was brave, though.
Grandpa and GG, thank you for such a fun morning and for so many more we'll have at Drumlin Farm. I love you very much! Love, Finley

No comments:

Post a Comment