Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Boy After His Dee-Da's Heart

As I mentioned yesterday, my parents had a layover at our house on Monday night on their way home and it was great for Finley to get to see his grandparents twice in a just a week. My dad was thrilled to see our bucket of trains and tracks out in the playroom. After dinner, it was hard to tell who ran there faster after dinner, Finley or my dad! "Together" they built a pretty cool raised railway and tested it out.
Finley loves trains as much as trucks these days and without ever seeing a cartoon, he is beginning to learn the names of some of the Thomas crew. Currently, we have Thomas, Percy, Jack and Rocky. For some reason, Finley can only say Thomas like "mo-ma" much like when he says tennis like "nen-nis," I guess those T's are tough for him. My favorite is how he says Percy, which is hard to explain but it's adorable how he purses his lips and says is so lovingly with lots of inflection. I think the little green train is quite special to him.

The next morning, more transportation fun for Granddad and Finley.
The police car and the taxi were racing after breakfast until it was time for us to go to Beth's house and my parents were off to VA. Finley's been working on saying Granddad, but so far it's coming out like "Dee-Da" which sounds just fine to all of us and it will be great to spend the week with my folks next month at the lake. I mean trains, boats, cars--what more would we need??

No comments:

Post a Comment