Monday, July 12, 2010

Prague Blog #6

When it was too hot to sit at the fields or the games weren't at times that coordinated with Finley's sleep (or lack there of) schedule, we would keep ourselves busy other ways. Aside from the pool, we also went into downtown (old town) Prague with Moira, Laura and Marin as well as by ourselves. Using public transportation was easy and Finley really loved the tram rides.

One afternoon, my goal was to find a neat store that we had passed on our way to dinner, but didn't have time to go into. From the open doorway, I'd seen some adorable stuffed animals (elephants, mainly) and while I didn't know exactly where it was, Dan helped me map out where we'd walked earlier and figured it to be on one of those streets. Thankfully, it was easy to find and well worth the map scanning! Finley and I walked around and around the little shop looking at all the animals that were made from many different quilted like fabrics.
I knew we were going home with an elephant, but thankfully Finley helped narrow down the selection by choosing a black and white one over any of the colored ones I offered. I also got him a little yellow bird that was too cute to pass up. We later named the bird Eggbert and here's Fin enjoying his new toy on the tram ride back to the hotel.
I had put the elephant in my bag and then put it into our suitcase, so Finley didn't see it again until this morning. He seemed to be pleased with his choice :)
As we wandered back towards our tram stop, we passed an aptly named toy store:
When Finley was in the womb, we just called him Sparky. It was a neat store inside and if Finley was 4 or 5, he would have been in heaven! We later walked through an open air market where we bought some local cherries for Dan before heading back to the hotel. It was a great day and I felt very accomplished navigating the city on my own :)

No comments:

Post a Comment