Monday, July 12, 2010

Prague Blog #5

Our hotel was about a 10 minute walk to a local outdoor pool. With our world's badges, we could get in for about 60 czech crowns, which is about $3. A pretty good deal I thought! The first time we went, Finley wasn't too thrilled and it took Dan a lot of singing and trickery to get him in the water. However, the second time Fin was much more willing to get wet. It could have been the difference in the outdoor and water temperature between our two attempts--the second day it was over 90 degrees so I imagine the water temp was quite comfortable for even a tiny baby.

I was reluctant to post these photos since I look awful (and pale!!), but I suppose I have to get over it for the the purposes of this blog. I shouldn't have been so worried about my post-baby body since I was definitely the only person wearing a one-piece suit and would have looked pretty stellar compared to some of the women we saw sporting teeny bikinis...ah Europe :) Anyway, Finley had fun getting bounced in the water, standing in the water, and even doing a tiny bit of splashing. He had one of his trusty teething toys with him, who doesn't need a some security in a giant pool filled with wild children, topless women (he probably enjoyed them actually), and men in speedos?

Our cautious guy continued his skepticism of the pool, but it sure was fun to cool off on such a hot day. It was a great pool for kids with a super shallow end that was perfect for us. I'm hoping that as he gets more practice in our kiddie pool at home and at my parents' lake house next week, he'll come to enjoy swimming like his parents. He does loves playing around in the tub, so it's only a matter of time I'm sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment