Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Spring Saturday

After a less than quiet early morning, Finley was up and ready for the day. I was not quite as ready, but since Dan was down in New Haven coaching frisbee, my number was up! Thankfully, it was going to be warm and sunny, so I knew we'd be able to be out and about. Our day in pictures:
After some fresh milk, a book really tops off a terrific breakfast! Then, Finley napped wonderfully and afterwards we ran errands to Home Depot, Costco, and Henry's house.
Before his afternoon nap, I gave Finley his new rattle that his Grammy bought for him down in VA last weekend. It's the perfect size for his little hands and we don't have any other noise making toys like this! Not to mention, it seems pretty fun to lick the spinning ball part!

Sadly, since I was home alone with Finley, I don't have any pictures of him in the Beco while we planted some lovely pansies outside and filled up our three bird feeders. You can use your imagination :) Finley's hardest time of day is around 6:00 or so and that's usually when Dan gets home and can give me a break to entertain the little crankpot. Today, I decided it was a good time to go for a car ride. I put him into the car seat and decided since the weather was still nice out (around 65 degrees!), Finley could go out without socks. A first and one that his Grandpa would be most proud of. See www.nosocksneededanymore.blogspot.com
I bet his feet didn't know what hit them! We got gas and picked some great plastic building blocks from a fellow freecycler up the street. Back at home, I realized that after being outside and really close to a lot of potting soil, Finley probably should get a bath. I haven't taken any bath photos in a long time, I can't believe how big he looks in his infant tub!
While he does like to kick in the water a little bit, his favorite part of bath time is trying to drink the rinse water as we pour it over him. He's getting quite crafty and manages to get a tongue-full here and there. Hard to remember how he used to scream uncontrollably in the tub just a few months ago!

It's almost bed time and Finley is enjoying a little wind down time in his bouncy seat, sucking his thumb, and hopefully preparing himself for a peaceful night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment