Friday, November 27, 2009

A Couple Milestones

I'm sure eventually I'll stop taking note of Finley's firsts...but there are just so many coming back to back that I don't want to lose track just yet.

We gave Finley his first bath yesterday afternoon. It was certainly a two person job since we have to give him sponge baths for a while. I held and dried Finley while Dan did the washing and rinsing. What a team! Fin was pretty accommodating until the end when he'd clearly had enough.



Last night, we got to see Finley's true bellybutton since during a diaper change we found that the remaining piece of his umbilical cord had finally come off! While we have been quite enamored with our son's good looks since his birth, both of us were not so fond of the umbilical cord attached at his mid-section. Kinda gross looking, really. We were pretty excited when we made this discovery last night.



Who knows what first will be next, but I suspect I'll still be just as excited as I was with all his other firsts. I guess this just comes with the new mom territory!

No comments:

Post a Comment