Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Homemade Playdoh

On Christmas Day, we found ourselves at home with not much to do until a Hibachi dinner date with our group of 20+ Jewish family friends.  (Since we would be down in Florida with my family a couple days later, we did not fly down to VA as usual to celebrate the holiday with my parents.)  Finley asked to play with his construction playdoh trucks so we all headed to the kitchen to play, but after about five minutes - it was clear that the playdoh that came with the trucks was not going to cut it.  Too hard, too crumbly.  Since I taught preschool (the two years before Dagny was born), I have become a complete homemade playdoh snob.  We make in kindergarten three to four times a year, but for some reason I had never made it with our kids! I ran to the cupboard to see if I had all the necessary ingredients and I did, so it was time to get cookin'.  Dagny wanted blue and Finley wanted green, so to make them both happy we made turquoise :)
 
The playdoh was a HUGE hit and we all had fun with it for over an hour.
 Using cookie cutters.
 
And other fun playdoh "fun factory" tools.
 
 With their 2.5 year gap, there are only a handful of things that both kids can be engaged with for an extended period of time and homemade playdoh has now been added to that list!

Here's the best no-cook playdoh recipe I've found (minus the glycerin).

No comments:

Post a Comment