Thursday, June 27, 2013

Water Play Baby

Last week, Dagny and I went to one her buddy's birthday party.  Okay, the birthday boy and Dagny are probably going to be buddies when they are old enough to understand the concept--meanwhile, his mom and I have become fast friends since we moved out here.  She and I were both pregnant with summer babies, living in Acton, elementary teachers by trade, and both named Allison - it was kismet! Fast forward a year later and I was excited to take Dagny to celebrate Liam's birthday :) One of Liam's gifts was a new water table and Dagny spent 80% of her time standing at it and having a grand old time. I took way too many pictures and really enjoyed watching her have a blast.
 The birthday boy there on the left with our girl.
I forced her to take a lunch break where we dined on delicious grilled chicken, guacamole, a squeezy vegetable pouch, and some cheesy poofs.
She was rather perplexed by this piece of grass stuck to her cheesy poof.
Then, she crawled back to the water table for more wet fun. While she managed to stay fairly dry during her first visit, this next trip left her quite damp but on such a warm day--I bet it felt really good!
Well played, Dagny, well played.
 We finished up by watching Liam enjoy his birthday cake and then I took my soaked, exhausted, and incredibly happy baby girl home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment