Sunday, August 7, 2011

Week in Review

Well, not the whole week, just the random assortment of pictures that I just removed off the camera :) Trust me, there are some gems here!

Finley's food pickiness continues in the world of entrees, but his side dishes options are ever expanding and summer has been a great time to reintroduce many fruits he hasn't had since this time last year this time. He now enjoys rice (after eating some off Dan's plate at the lake) and actually eats french fries instead of just licking the ketchup off (I know, I'm oddly thrilled that he will eat deep fried potato products since he opposed them for so long). My mom's delicious cantaloupe got him back on the melon train (Finley pronounces it "my-on") and he even humored me and ate some watermelon off my plate earlier this week. Plus, there's been lots of corn at our house these days and Finley was loving eating it cut off the cob. Finally he realized the fun Dan and I were having and grabbed a cob himself and dove in!
Not a great photo, but he was so focused! I couldn't tear him away!

Raspberries are a huge hit with Finley and he learned from my mom at the lake that eating them off your fingers makes them even more tasty (and entertaining!).
He'll say "finger" or "thumb" when the raspberries come out and it's pretty funny watching him take such time and effort to eat them this way. Finley has also had fun learning to dine al fresco like we did at the Public Gardens on Friday with my friend Deb and her son, Edward (who was much too on the move for a photo).
Finley and I seem to find big trucks wherever we go and the Staples parking lot was no different!

Finley was happy to "help" these big guys by throwing rocks into their buckets. I'm sure the drivers who return later will wonder what little squirrel was busy in the gravel pit :)

This week ended up with a day of rain, rain, and more rain. While Dan was off playing frisbee (in the rain), Finley and I walked every inch of Costco only to come home with a bit more time before lunch and nap. Finley knew just what to do, he decided to brave the weather and play outside anyways. Finley's beloved Gee-ka sent a great tool bench home with us last weekend and I dug out some tools from a garage sale. We put it on the driveway with plans of moving it around back, but its current location has proven to be quite convenient and today was no exception.
But when the rain really starting coming down hard on him, he retreated to the garage and continued fixing things (hopefully a plastic hammer can't do too much damage to my car).
When life gives you lemons, put on a raincoat and make some lemonade!

No comments:

Post a Comment