Friday, April 1, 2011

His Father's Son

After school and some errands, Finley and I arrived home and while I was excited to go inside and sit down for a while, my partner in crime had other plans. Each time I put Finley in or get him out of the car, he lusts after the small snow shovel we have hanging in the garage. As he reached for it today, I gave in and took it down off its hook. But then he wanted a frisbee we had up there, too. Soon he was exiting the garage with both in hand and I smiled thinking that Finley is playing with the two things that his dad spends his free time with: a snow shovel in the winter and a frisbee the other 3 seasons of the year.
While it was funny just watching him scoot around with the shovel, trying his best not to actually move any of the April snow we got overnight, the funnier part was that he was having an ongoing conversation without any input from me. Babbling, shrieking, laughing, etc. all as he looked around and tried maneuvering the shovel from one place to another.
After about 5 minutes of snapping photos and playing defense so that Finley wouldn't tumble down our sloping driveway, I realized I should try and capture this on video. Thank you camera for your built in HD video option! Couldn't get it to upload on blogger, but youtube was being more cooperative. Less than 2 minutes and totally worth your time, turn up the volume!


I thought he was tiring a bit, so I put the camera away and expected to have to pick him up (and the shovel and the frisbee) and carry them all into the garage, but Finley had other plans. He trotted towards the garage and requested a bigger shovel.
I obliged, but then he changed his mind and requested the green one.
At least he used it productively.
But in no time, he was back in there again wanting some other manly landscaping equipment at which point I decided it was time to go in the house.
I'm hoping he'll really be into raking this fall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment