Monday, May 11, 2015

Groton Road Race 2015

Last year, we signed Finley up for his first race and he had a blast at the Groton Road Race.
This year, I was super-excited to sign up Finley, Dagny and myself for the race.  Here we are at home with our matching shirts on, ready to head out.
The Tot Trot part of the day was up first, so we put the kids' bibs on and they were ready to make their way to the starting line.
I took Dagny over with the other two year olds and while she had said she wanted to run on her own, she changed her mind right when the flags went up and we ran together holding hands.
In her defense, she did pull me over the finish line and was thrilled to get her prize bag which was full of trinkets, a couple sweets, and a yogurt pouch. She was very proud of her race and talked about it for days afterward.
Meanwhile, Dan had walked Finley over to the 5 year old starting line with his friend Isabella.
On your marks,
 get set, go!
Dagny and I met the little racer at the finish line!
 About an hour later, it was my turn to run and the family cheered me on for the 5K.
I got my best time and smiled big as I saw my cuties clapping near the finish line.  A fun, healthy day had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment