Monday, December 31, 2012

Holiday Roadtrip Part 3

Monday's plans were a bit thwarted when Cousin Owen woke up with a fever, so we regrouped and the boys (Dan, Granddad and Finley) decided to take a train adventure to the airport.

First, they drove to the train station and hopped on the subway.  Finley was excited to follow their trek on the map.
 
Off they went!
Arriving at Reagan National Airport, they had a snack (since no snacks are allowed on the metro!) and watched lots of planes come and go.
 Planes, Trains and Automobiles--what more could Finley ask for?

Later that day, Chris brought over Cousin Natalie and Finley had fun with his lil' cuz.
All in all, a wonderful visit with lots of family and fun.  Plus, I even got to go see a movie with my mom and my sister (woo-hoo!).  We drove the whole way home on Wednesday, with a brief stop in NY to have lunch with Grandpa and let everyone stretch their legs.

After a disappointing layover in some mass pike traffic, we made it home and it was nice to be back though I was already missing everybody in VA and NY.  Lucky for us, we'll see my parents in three weeks when they come up here and we'll see my sister and the Forseters in NY the following week.  2013 will be filled with even more family adventures, I'm sure of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment