Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Wedding Weekend II

Saturday night was the rehearsal dinner and Finley jumped at the chance to ride the yellow school bus to the Lodge.  Dan and Dagny drove our car there while Finley, Caitlin, my mom, and I hopped on the bus.  Finley was SO excited to sit right behind the driver and everyone else that got on after us remarked how adorable he was and how they wished a bus ride would make their day the way it was making his!
 It was a fairly bumpy ride with some steep climbs and Finley asked me to put my arm across his body to keep him on the seat and then he asked to wear the seatbelts we were sitting on...leave it to my safety minded toddler to request the seatbelt as opposed to his mother forcing the issue :)

The dinner was lovely and while it was hard for Finley to sit quietly through all the speeches, he was quieter than his sister!  He had fun hanging out with Harrison (his ring bearer partner and second cousin) and Dan's cousin, Eric.
Dagny, on the other hand, got passed around and didn't seem to mind a bit.
I specifically remember being wary of passing Finley around when he was this young, but this time around I found it to be such a huge help to have a break and knowing that she is too little to be anxious about others holding her--I knew I had to take advantage!

No comments:

Post a Comment