Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hello, Acton!

We closed on our Arlington house in the a.m. on Friday and then closed on the new Acton house that afternoon.  Finley napped at home while my mom kept watch and we took Dagny with us to sign the papers and get the keys.  Hooray!
We immediately drove out to our new home, here it is!
We plopped Dagny down on the carpet in the family room and she seemed to like the new place.
Later, when Finley got to come to the house, he also seemed happy to be there!
The next couple of days are a blur as my dad painted Dagny's room and our dining room, my mom unpacked all the kitchen boxes and countless others, the cable guy hooked us up for FIOS, Dan and my mom cleaned out old house, and I did what I could while the kids did their thing.  My parents were invaluable from the minute they arrived to the minute they left.  We could not have moved with a toddler and newborn in tow without them!!  We did take a break for a family photo (photo credit to my dad!) before Finley went off to his last week of camp and my parents headed back to Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment