Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I-KEY-A!

On Saturday afternoon with Dan away, I needed a far off destination: IKEA.  Finley awoke from his nap ready for action, so we hopped in the car and drove the 45 minutes south to IKEA.  Most of the ride down, Finley was perfecting his pronunciation of the gigantic store: Key-a, I-key, I-KEY-A!  He was pretty pumped to arrive, even though he had no idea what was inside.

Soon, he was off and running (literally) and around every turn he found something to play with.










We had an absolute ball and I was impressed that the little guy made it all the way through the store on his own two feet (I barely made it).  The final warehouse stretch we did in the shopping cart and amazingly, we only spent $7 on a collapsible mesh laundry basket to store Finley's ever expanding collection of stuffed animals.  I'll have to remember to take him again when the cabin fever of winter sets in!

No comments:

Post a Comment