Monday, December 6, 2010

Finley Meets Ms. Dewey Decimal

After finding some nonfiction picturebooks about jellyfish for my preschoolers, Finley and I stayed to play at the town library. We did some puzzling for a few minutes and explored the children's area.
I thought we'd pack it up and head home since it was getting late, but Finley convinced me to stay for a bit longer. Well actually, he leaped out of my arms and spent the next twenty minutes running through the stacks chasing and being chased by a fellow toddler he had discovered. She was a cutie and the two kiddos had some serious fun together. It was something I'd never seen Finley do--he just made a friend and left me in the dirt. I couldn't have been prouder!

They ran through the stacks and when the little girl needed a drink, Finley waited behind the fountain and then took off as soon as she was back on the ground! The cutest part was when they saw each other through the shelves and kept popping up and down to see each other on either the lowest or second lowest shelf. Kind of hard to explain, but hopefully you get the point.
It was truly one of the most enjoyable experiences to get to watch. Finley was happy as a clam and every once in a while he would find me and give me a quick hug before getting back to his new friend. At least I wasn't completely chopped liver :) It was another one of those wonderful days when I was reminded of how great a choice it was to take a job that allows me to be "home" with Finley in the afternoons. Happy kid. Happy Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment