Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Scarecrow 5K

After doing the mud run with some friends this summer, one of my friends who was covered in mud alongside me suggested we sign up for a regular 5K road race so we could keep training.  I readily agreed and found a way to run the distance without dying and almost enjoying it this fall. 

I headed off to the race early with Dan planning to bring the kids for the finish.  Megan and I had signed up pretty early for this race, you can tell by our bib numbers! Others were in the 200s!! I love having other Type-A friends :)
 It was a good race, though not easy, and knowing my family was waiting for me near the finish was excellent motivation.  I loved giving them high fives as a jogged to the finish line :)
Next up - The Wellesley Turkey Trot before we head down to NY for Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment