Thursday, August 14, 2014

Summer 2014 Continues

More assorted photos from our summer adventures:

On my birthday, the kids celebrated with me at Dunkin Donuts.
 We also went to the Old North Bridge (for your Revolutionary War buffs) and tossed rocks in the river while chatting up the park ranger.
 
 Later, we met Dan for a delicious dinner followed by ice cream cake for dessert. Happy Birthday to me!

Dagny LOVES doing sidewalk chalk on the driveway and fell in love with the bunny I drew, she even laid down on it telling me "I hug him!" 
 Finley and his friend, Ben, had a blast at their two weeks of Drumlin Farm camp.  And I enjoyed my first real carpooling experience with Ben's mom, what a life saver!
He milked a cow, climbed a mountain, brushed a pony, and did lots of other awesome nature stuff. He was truly disappointed when the two weeks were over, that's a ringing endorsement for camp!

 This has certainly been the summer of Legos for Finley.  We may be able to throw out ALL his other inside toys and he wouldn't mind, it's all legos all the time!
 One more Mud Run photo with my friend Megan that we got off the event's website :) We also signed up for a fall 5K road race in October together--less muddy but hopefully just as fun!
 We went peach picking and while the peaches weren't quite ripe and I had to do most of the picking since the fruit was high up, the kids had a delicious time.
 We took the purple commuter train in, again, to meet Dan for dinner and walked around Porter Square afterwards.
 The other night was Dan's final summer league frisbee game.  Dagny and I both ran on the track (I ran several laps while high fiving Dags each time I passed and then she and Dan ran a lap together to catch up to me).  Dagny also perfected her frisbee toss.
 
Suddenly, a big dark cloud came over and dumped about 5 minutes of huge raindrops on us.  The kids weren't thrilled, but the double rainbow sure made it worthwhile!
I have a couple of weeks left before school starts again and I will be very sad for this summer to end.  May August pass by slowly....

No comments:

Post a Comment