Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thanksgiving at Home in 2013

We hosted our first Thanksgiving this year and while all I had to do was buy a turkey and bring chairs up from the basement, I still feel like we accomplished something quite grown up. Thank you to my mom for making it all happen and appear seamless.
One table for Thanksgiving:
Second table for both Hanukkah and Thanksgiving:
Our guests included my parents, my sister, my aunt and uncle from Maine and their kids/grandkids (my cousins) who live in Dedham.  That is a total of 13.5 people (sorry, Dagny, you only take up a small space and certainly don't each enough turkey to factor into the size we bought).  Pretty good for our first time, right?
Everyone cooked or brought something, which made life for us hosts pretty simple.  The kids played, the adults chatted, and before we knew it - it was dinner time!
We all ate up and everything tasted delicious.  Dagny enjoyed her first Thanksgiving on solid foods, thanks Aunt Caits for the pict.
After dinner, my sister, cousin, and Mom made the foam turkeys that I had bought for the little kids to do and had a ball doing them!
They were very proud of themselves. Later, Finley wanted to know why I only got turkeys for the grown-ups to make.  Ha!
After dinner, the older kids played while Dagny completed another Thanksgiving tradition she missed out on last year as an infant - watching football.
Happy Thanksgiving (belatedly) to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment