Sunday, April 14, 2013

Finley Goes to Kindergarten (sort of)

Finley's been very curious about what kindergarten is since I started my new job in December and since I had to go to an evening school event this week, I figured I'd bring him to show him around (and show him off!).

When we arrived, we took a quick school tour so Finley could see the cafeteria, library, music room, and most importantly--the boys bathroom!  I introduced him to some of my friends and he was very shy, as expected but they all said he was adorable and very grown up looking :)

It was Open House so I had lots of things set out on tables and when my children arrived, they showed off their room, cubby, work, and art projects to their families.  Finley LOVED looking around the room and trying all the different toys and stuff that was around.
 He did take a break at one point to eat his dinner at my desk, but then it was back to work (play!).
When he spotted a green marker, he asked for some paper and drew a nice squiggle.  Then, he said he wanted to draw daddy so I told him the steps (head, face, body, arms, legs, etc.) and he drew it all by himself!! I had never seen him draw something that actually looked like what he said it was (no offense, buddy), so this was AMAZING.  So kindergarten of him!!
  
Now looking at the photo, I suspect you are wondering about the crotch area--well, the leg he drew on the right wasn't connected to the body at first, so he connected it with the squiggle. Ha!  He was very proud to show this picture to Dan when we got home.

We started to clean up as the last students were leaving and then I asked Finley to help me set up some things for the children to do in the morning and he readily accepted.  Here he is putting our scissors for everyone.
 Finley said he was so excited that he will get to be in my kindergarten class someday and while I tried to explain to him that that wasn't going to happen, he was insistent and since it's over two years away, I just let it go :)  Especially when my main argument that kids aren't usually in their own parents' class was completely thrown out when Finley explained that Ms. Kristin is Evan's mom and he's in her class sometimes and Gianna's mom, Christine, is also a teacher at his school.  Oops--outmatched by a three year old's logic. Go figure!!


No comments:

Post a Comment