Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Dagny is 2 Months Old!

We are settling into our new life and routine here in Acton.  Dan's learning the ropes of his new, longer commute.  Finley's like one of the gang at his preschool.  I'm in school-withdrawl as everyone is going back for 2012-2013 except me. Amid everything, Dagny's been doing her thing and this week she had her 2 month check up.  I had to wake her to go to the doctor but she fell back asleep in the car and patiently waited in the waiting room in the adorable outfit from Aunt Caitlin.
 But woke up a bit peeved (ater waiting 20 minutes, she wasn't the only one).
 Finally, it was her turn and we went into the exam room for her to get weighed and measured.  While waiting for the nurse, Dagny caught a glimpse of herself in the small mirror on the wall and was fascinated.  I tried several times to get a picture of this "encounter" and here's my best one.
 She tipped the scales at 13 lbs 2 oz and a length of 23 1/4 inches long.  Yep--she's a tank :) The doctor was thrilled with her numbers and said we should be pleased :)  We discussed her sleeping and eating habits and then the doc did the physical exam.  Dagny smiled at her and cooed and the doctor commented how well she focused her eyes on her, what a model patient!  Last thing was the three shots she needed so I braced myself and held her hand, she cried and yelped until I was able to scoop her up.  
I took her home and she was pretty worn out from all the excitement/stress of the appointment, but perked up after a long afternoon snooze that she kindly took while Finley and I played in our basement playroom.

Here are some other recent Dagny photos from her 8th week on the planet.
A tummy-time pro!  She's already rolled from front to back several times, so we may be in trouble soon!
We are so proud of our not-so-little baby and can't wait to see what she will do next!

No comments:

Post a Comment