Saturday, December 3, 2011

California Rookies

So...long story, short, we flew to California on the Friday after Thanksgiving and flew back on Monday.  Not sure who, if anyone, adjusted to the time change, but we had a blast and made it back in one piece.  We saw lots of family, went to dinner parties, and attended the wedding of Dan's cousin, Ari.  However, I failed to take photographs of any of the above.  Oops.  I did take many photos on our daytrip to the Santa Monica beach (I'm sure there's some hipper name, but I'm not very west coast as it was both Finley and my first trip to California).
It was VERY sunny and despite wearing tons of sunscreen and a hat, Finley soaked up quite a lot of sun.
Without a bucket in sight, Finley made the best of the situation with the frisbee we'd packed.
Even using it to bury his feet and his Aunt Ellie's feet.
Until far off in the distance, he saw his beloved GG and Pan-pa coming towards him with...wait for it...a huge bucket and a shovel!
He took off and put the most distance between him and I in what seems like months...I guess he just needed the right motivation.
Now this is living!
Finley's Great Aunt Annette, Great Uncle Bernie, and cousins Eric, Amy, Mia, and Jake joined us and we all enjoyed the beach before heading back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding.
As I mentioned, the trip was a huge success and despite the long flights and missed sleep, we had a good time.  Family is family and we hope Finley will continue to experience and learn just how important family is :)


No comments:

Post a Comment