Saturday, July 9, 2011

Random Assortment

Not sure how long I've had some of these...but I figured I better post them before I forget the context for each of them.

Dan and Finley came across this awesome backhoe on a walk and Finley had fun throwing rocks into the giant bucket. Dan texted me these photos and, dare I say, I was jealous to have missed such a cool truck sighting!
We got to feed Mike and Tali's cat last weekend when they were away and Finley tried to play ball with Muesli. I wouldn't say she was into it, but she was quite tolerant of Finley's efforts. While Finley still prefers throwing frisbees, he has developed a love of yellow tennis balls and was thrilled to find one at Muesli's house.
We went to at a 4th of July picnic at Eliot's house and after some dinner and good water table play, Fin and Eliot took a break on the stairs.
Then, the three of us played Ring Around the Rosie. After each time we went "down," both kids stood up saying and signing "more more" and around we'd go again. It was pretty funny watching Finley and Eliot try to hold each other's hands before we'd start each time, I had to help them at first but they figured out after that. Dan caught us playing and took this quick phone photo.
We went to watch Dan play frisbee and Finley was quite attentive to the game, especially when Dan was in.
But once the golf cart rolled by, Dan's biggest fan was gone! Lucky for him, we knew the three people on the cart! It was Eli and Vivi (Dan's coach from college's kids who I used to babysit way back when) and Prancer (one of Dan's Tufts kids). Finley (and his beloved yellow tennis ball, of course) eagerly climbed aboard!
We spent a LONG time watching cars and trucks in Porter Square one morning, we saw just about all the important trucks on Finley's list: a mixer truck, ambulance, fire truck, buses, mail truck, dump truck, and they just kept on coming! Finley even requested his hat that morning and I am beginning to think that he knows that hats keep the sun out of his eyes...
After having breakfast with a friend downtown last weekend, we walked to check out the fountains.
No no, Finley's not licking his fingers after dipping them in the water--he's finishing his gigantic waffle from breakfast (he likes to finish most of his meals away from the table these days).
Finally, here's Finley playing on a big wooden train at the Children's Discovery Museum earlier this week. He does love a good choo-choo!
Well, I think that about wraps up all my loose blogging ends. Thanks for tuning in!

No comments:

Post a Comment