Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Poorly Documented Visit

Dan's sister, Ellie, was here last weekend for a short visit and sadly, we took very few photos. Part of the reason for this was that Finley wasn't thrilled with being held by anyone but me (the usual family photographer) and the other part was that since he wasn't going to be in any photos with Ellie, I just put the camera aside for most of the visit. As our pediatrician predicted, Finley's mommy-separation anxiety seems to be peeking and while he's fine with other people playing with him and holding him when I'm not around--he puts up a fight when I'm nearby but not the one attending to him. Ellie took the brunt of this new phase upon her arrival and both Dan and I were terribly disappointed. However, Ellie saw Finley shed some tears when Dan had to hold him while I was cooking, so at least she couldn't take it personally. We're really hoping when we see her next (down in NY for Passover) that Finley will be over this stuff and ready to bond with his extended family. The few picts that I did take are somewhat Ellie-related, so here they are:

Ellie arrived with some tasty French macaroons that I couldn't resist sharing with Finley. One cookie a month won't cause a sweet tooth to grow, right? It will cause a great smile for sure!
Since Ellie recently had foot surgery, she's getting around well with the occasional assistance of a cane, which Finley thought was a pretty cool accessory.
The next few were snapped as we sat around waiting to go to lunch. Ellie was just off to the right of us, but Finley wouldn't sit in her lap for a photo opportunity. Arg! When I saw the photos later, I had to admit that we both looked cute, but Dan took a million shots of us and by the last one, I had had it! Can you tell?
Our apologies to Finley's wonderful Aunt Ellie who deserved more than the snub she got from her nephew. I suspect he'll be singing a different tune next time around!

No comments:

Post a Comment