Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Baby Work Out World

Finley's settling into a nice sleeping pattern and routinely gets up between 7 and 8. Then, he can stand to be awake for about 60-90 minutes before it is back to bed for his morning nap. This time slot is probably my most favorite of the whole day. Finley is alert, interactive, smiley, and even tempered. He can be very independent if need be, though I am usually up in his face for most of this time since I love it so much. At our last mommy and me class (for now!), our teacher referred to entertaining babies this age much like circuit training in a gym or weight loss class. Instead of a treadmill, ab crunches, and weight machines--we've got an exersaucer, a bumbo, and the floor. Here are some shots of our "training" the past few mornings.

Station #1: Bumbo
Hm..how do I get this cow into my mouth?
Aha! Took me a few days, but I did it!
Station #2: Tummy Time
Like my tummy time quilt? My great aunt Sudie made it just for me!
Mommy lets me wear just a diaper in the morning lately, it's so freeing!
Station #3: Exersaucer
What are you looking at?
Station #4: Guitar Mat
I love this cushy mat, but not as much as I love my mommy!

Now...we can rotate through all these stations and maybe throw in some Super Baby time (I lay on my back with my legs tucked in and Fin flies on my shins). Super Baby time is great and gets me lots of smiles. The only trouble is the large risk of drool dripping down onto me, but it's worth it. I wish I had a picture of this, but I haven't figured out a way to snap one yet!

After all of this and a feeding, it's nap time! Who wouldn't need to snooze after all that?

No comments:

Post a Comment