Monday, March 15, 2010

4 Month Check up

It's hard to believe that Finley is one day shy of his 4 month birthday, where has the time gone? The 4 month milestone meant another trip to the pediatrician for a check up and more, gulp, shots. Finley decided to sleep late today and therefore foiled any attempt at a morning nap before our 10:30 appointment...oh the horror! Thankfully, he took a cat nap in the car and was awake and ready to meet the doctor right on time.

First stop, getting stripped down and plopped on the scale. The diaper came off, the nurse tried to get his weight, and surprise--Finley decided to pee everywhere and I do mean everywhere--on me, himself, and all over the scale. I laughed instead of trying to cover his lower regions with his diaper, oops! I don't think the nurse was pleased as she reluctantly went to get us a towel. She handed it to me and as I scooped up the wet baby, she encouraged me to get that diaper on ASAP. Good call.

We walked back into the exam room and I got his diaper on so that the nurse could safely measure his length. She wrote everything down and said the doctor would be in soon.

Finley's stats at 2 months vs 4 months:
Weight was 12.11 lbs and now 15.9 lbs
Height was 23 in. and now 25.75 in.

His weight gain slowed up a bit but he's really lengthened out, the doctor told me. He's around the 65th percentile for weight and near the 80th for length. Sounds good to the doctor and sounds good to me!!

Finley was a good sport getting poked and prodded and I accepted all the doctor's nice compliments about what a great baby we have. Finley wouldn't smile at the doc, but flashed me a big one whenever he caught my eye. The doctor said this is often the case since Finley knows me well, but he (the doctor) is a stranger for the most part. Mommy recognition, sweet!

Soon it was time for the shots, so the doctor said to get him dressed on top and wait for the nurse. Finley clearly had no idea what was coming...


Writing this, I realized that he was wearing the same onesie for his 2 month check up! I sure know how to get good use of a piece of clothing, eh? He took the shots like a champ--though despite have chunkier thighs this time around, he seemed to scream louder! Good thing he stopped as soon as I was allowed to pick him up :) What a good patient, see you in 2 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment