Sunday, October 25, 2015

The Tufts 10K 2015

Last October, I did my first 5K road race and  I was just happy to limp across the finish line.  A year later, I have completed several more 5Ks, a 5 miler, and on Columbus Day - I did a 10K (6.2 miles)!
A Tufts frisbee teammate and friend of mine, Tali, signed up to run the Tufts (health plan) 10K with me and on Columbus Day, both our families took the T and met up downtown on the common for race day.
 All three kiddos got their race numbers for the Kids 1K Fun Run and were psyched for their race!
 Finley and Dan paired up for the 1K and Dagny and I were running buddies.  Finley was awesome and ran alongside Dan the whole way.  He was so proud of his finish and the ribbon he received!
 Slightly surprising was the fact that Dagny also RAN THE WHOLE WAY, holding my hand, and pulling me along! She was amazing and so proud of herself crossing the balloon finish line and getting her ribbon :) No picture to prove it, but trust me -- it was a fantastic race for her three year old legs!

Soon it was time for the dads to take the kids to a playground and then find lunch with the moms got ready to head to the starting line.
 
GULP.

Despite the October date and fall feeling the air in the previous days, it was about 75 and sunny at noon at the starting line!  We had a good race, though slower than either of us had predicted, but that may have been due to the heat.  Our VERY proud families scouted out a great spot around mile marker 5.5 and we got to give everyone high fives as we ran by.  My heart was already pounding pretty hard by then and seeing them made it flutter just a little faster!

We pushed through to the finish and then met up with our crew for water and snacks.
 It felt great to accomplish something I never could have imagined a year before and to have my #1 fans there cheering for me made all the difference!
 And check out the trophy Finely (with some help from Dan) made me!
Up next, a Thanksgiving morning 10K for a good cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment