Monday, February 2, 2015

Arts and Crafts, Winter 2015

Being a kindergarten teacher and a parent of two kiddos, I should be up to my elbows in art projects and crafts, right? But I realized that that had simply not been the case and a belated new year's resolution is to be more into that kind of stuff with Finley and Dagny.  And boy have these three snow days provided me the perfect opportunity to get started!


Beading (after an expensize trip to the craft store, just kidding - Michael's coupons are awesome!):

Homemade playdoh
Making and decorating gingerbread cookies with our friend, Sadie.
 Painting


Finley's proudest painting piece - a firetruck in a station!
Paper freight train project (I forgot to take a pict of Dagny's but she did a great job with BINGO markers on her train, too).
 Finley's been much more interested in drawing and such and that's so exciting - but scary, too, since I'm not so talented in the drawing department!!
Airplane:
Walking snowman on magnadoodle:
 His clay polar bear from school:
Rocketship on launchpad:
Every night when Dagny goes off to bed with Dan or me, Finley asks to sit and draw together.  He'll ask us to teach him how to draw something (a cat, a supermarket, a tree) and even offer to teach us (a bucket truck, a set of railroad tracks).  I love that he's into this now!

And I guess I'm not too shabby of an artitst afterall. I painted this winter scene at a paint night with a bunch of girlfriends this past weekend!
And now, I'm the resident cardinal expert!

No comments:

Post a Comment