Monday, November 4, 2013

Two of a Kind

As I scrolled through my photos on my phone this weekend, I realized that I had more photos of both kids together rather than solo shots.  I think that is in part because the bigger Dagny gets, the more she can do the things her brother is doing and she loves every minute of it.

On Halloween, after a week of flip flopping about whether or not he wanted to go trick or treating at all (he got spooked last year by some creepy costumes/masks), Finley wanted to don his pirate gear and head out to a few houses.  Dagny wasn't willing to wear either of the handmedown costumes we were given (ladybug or bumblebee) but carried the ladybug one on her lap in the stroller. She was more than happy, however, to carry a bucket just like Finley.
Later in the week, I was giving the two a bath and had to dash out of the bathroom for a second (I know, bad mommy).  I asked Finley to make sure Dagny didn't slip and as I walking back towards the bathroom, I hear Finley yelling so I panic and start running.  Turns out, he was yelling "Mommy, come take a picture of us" and this is what I saw when I arrived as I ripped my phone out of my back pocket.
He went on to tell me, "We need a picture because this is it is such a special day together in the bath" and "We don't have any pictures like this." My heart melted.

Finley loves playing football in the basement, especially the tackling part, and Dagny has learned how to join in.  Usually she just tackles Dan and I, but the other day she saw Finley with the ball and once he was on the ground - she seized the opportunity!


She did have to be physically removed right after this photo was snapped since she doesn't tend to give up too easily.  Finley may need to hit the gym to be able to escape his little sister's wrestling type moves!

Goofing around on Dan's lap.
Last week, a boy in my class was having a bit of a rough morning and he said to me, "I just wish my family was still 3 instead of 4. I miss my mornings with my Mama." My heart broke as I comforted this little guy who is 6 and has a 12 week old baby sister at home.  As I drove home that afternoon reflecting on the day, I thought how blessed we are that Finley truly adores being a big brother, having a Dagny as a sister, and wasn't old enough to remember life before her!

No comments:

Post a Comment