Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fun-Loving Finley

As usual, Finley's zest for life is over the top.  He can find fun and joy wherever he looks and it's great to be along for the ride.  Last weekend, we explored a new playground in Westford and after trying the swings, the huge structure, digging in the tire chips, and having a snack - Finley found one more way to enjoy the playground.  Racing on the sidewalk that surrounded the structure with his trusty green shovel as the baton. 
 He was pretty pleased with himself after several laps and it was back to digging before we headed out.
 
Finley's doing really well at his new preschool and while it's taking me longer to adjust to the changes, he's made himself at home.  On Thursday, he was SUPER excited to show me his Jonah and the Whale project.  He told me the story of Jonah ("The whale didn't eat him, mommy, he just kept him safe."), sang me the song they learned, and then asked if he could eat his Jonah.  I was impressed at how much info he had retained about Jonah and said he could, of course, eat his Jonah as long as I could take a few pictures first.

 The preschool director saw us on our way out and I told her how much I liked the Jonah project and she said "If that's the case, you will love Noah in a few weeks!!"

At nearly four (in two months!), Finley continues to grow into his own little dude with likes, dislikes, opinions, endless curiosity, a healthy sense of humor, and boundless energy.  Keep rockin', buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment