Saturday, March 30, 2013

Finley at 3 years, 4 months

While Dagny is growing like a weed and seems to changing from day to day, Finley is basically staying the same size but becoming more and more of a unique, fascinating person that we can't get enough of.

Here he is wearing my sunglasses when we were out to lunch with friends.  
Earlier today, he asked to wear my sunglasses as we walked from the car to Trader Joe's because it was so sunny.  I obliged, but note to self--get this kid a pair of his own ASAP!

We have been trying to take more family walks and with Dagny in the stroller, Finley has found a new mode of transportation.
He should probably be pedaling more on his own at this point, but at least he's practicing the motion, right?

Finley continues to love all things construction.  He likes when repairmen or workers come to the house and he is quite curious about they are up to and what tools they have brought.
He could talk your ear off, and often does, but I feel like I haven't ever been able to capture it and the other day while Dagny was napping I attempted to get him to just chit chat with me on camera but I wasn't getting anywhere.  Eventually, we thought about what he would like to tell the camera about and he chose trains.
It sounds a little more scripted that I had hoped to capture, but at least it's him being himself :)

Much like an elephant, Finley never forgets.  Never.  We have visited a new supermarket a few times and two times ago, it was raining so when Finley asked to ride the little merry-go-round I put him off saying we couldn't because of the rain.  When we went last week, as soon as we pulled into the parking lot, he says, "Mommy, remember it was raining last time so we couldn't do the merry-go-round?" "Yeah," I said (knowing what was coming). "Well, it looks sunny now, can I go on it?"  Off we went!

Finally, Finley continues to LOVE his gym class and a couple weeks back was the end of the winter session so there was a certificate presentation.  
So proud!

Obviously we're biased, but we think Finley's super cool and while he's not above the occasional tantrum or bout of stubbornness...the good times far outweigh the challenging ones and he makes us laugh with his funny antics, intriguing questions, and big smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment