Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mommy's School


After I picked up Finley from daycare on Thursday, we headed back to my school to get some costume options for Purim.    I told him we would drive over to my school and he asked, "Will there be toys there?"  "Of course!" I said and off we went.  After raiding the attic, we went into my classroom to play.  Finley's been at my school a handful of times, but not since December when we were there with my assistant and her two elementary-aged girls.  He saw the trucks and put them on the floor right away and that reminded me that last time, the kids had used the koosh balls in the block area and moved them around with the trucks.  I gave him the bin full of kooshes and he immediately asked for some "pinchers" and I wasn't sure what he meant.  He made the pinching motion with his hand and I thought, "oh, the tongs!"  The little genius had remembered moving the kooshes around tongs last time!!  So I grabbed a couple of pairs for us to use and we got to "work."
Load, drive, dump, and repeat.
 I won't tell you how long this went on...the things we do for our kids...It was hard to get him to leave when it was time to go, but I suspect we'll be back :)

A unrelated video is posted below...Finley likes being wrapped up in our big fleece blanket like a "sausage" and then sitting on my lap to read books.  Kind of odd, but his laugh while he's getting rolled up is priceless and I had been meaning to tape it for a while!






No comments:

Post a Comment